Searching for a holiday for just the two of you? A romantic glamping break could be just the ticket.
Did you know that January is the perfect time to escape on a romantic glamping break?
No? Let us fill you in:
1) Empty beaches - what better way to blow away the cobwebs than on a blustery beach walk and, at this time of year, there's a great possibility that you'll get the place to yourself! Most beaches are dog-friendly at this time too, so your faithful four-legged friend can join you. Add to the experience by finding a cosy cafe to huddle over a hot chocolate in (yum!) before heading back to the comfort of your glamping retreat.
2) Stargazing - the dark skies of winter are perfect for a spot of stargazing. If you're lucky, you might even see some shooting stars, which are common in January, and where better to enjoy them from than a bubbling hot tub with a glass of your favourite tipple in-hand!
3) Wood-burners - the epitome of cosiness and just what's needed on a dark winter's night, to snuggle around and enjoy the ambience. And not forgetting fire-pits too - huddle together and toast some marshmallows, whether it's under the night's sky or by day, this is definitely a glamping-must-do.
4) En suite facilities - there'll be no venturing out to freezing cold wash-blocks, no siree! You'll have the luxury of your own bathroom (including a hot shower) and private loo (a proper flushing one) in every one of our nests. A true bonus of winter glamping, we believe, as apposed to its less-favourable cousin, camping.
5) Switching off and reconnecting - quality time is oh so important but modern life quite often doesn't allow us much of it; a winter glamping break provides the ample opportunity to spend some. Reconnect in a hideaway shepherd's hut or cosy cabin for a real get-away-from-it-all feeling. Spend the crisp winter's days exploring the great outdoors and the dark winter's nights cooking up scrumptious suppers and cosying up around the fire - bliss!
Of course, glamping is great for a romantic break all year round, but we think there's something extra special about the winter time. Tempted? Take a look at our retreats here.